Let's talk about: Pins
Let’s talk about Pins.
On Micro.blog you can collect pins for your account, represented by small icons you can see within your account. They are available on the web and are unlocked by reaching certain milestones or other conditions, such as publishing your first post to the Micro.blog timeline, or posting after midnight. With that in mind…
Let’s get our hands on the Pins.
Getting a look at the regular pins means using the web. Make sure you’re logged in and ready to go.
Make your way to
micro.blog/account/pins – as well as the link below, you can get there by selecting the
… and then selecting
Show All. Once you have done this you will see the pins screen:
Here you can see all of the regular pins and how you can get them, along with your instantly collected first pin for registering a username! By fulfilling the conditions set out here you will collect the pins; like this:
(NOTE: To collect the Custom Domain pin you will need a hosted account, with which you can map your custom domain to your hosted site.)
The collection of default pins are as follows:
- Welcome: Every account starts with this pin. It is a word of thanks for creating an account.
- First!: You unlock this pin the first time you post to your account.
- 10 Posts: Once you have published 10 posts you will receive this pin.
- 25 Posts: Once you have published 25 posts you will receive this pin.
- Daily Blogger: Once you have published at least 1 post every day for 30 days you will receive this pin.
- Micro Monday: The moment you partake in Micro Monday for the first time you will have also unlocked this pin.
- Photoblog: The first time you publish a post with a photo in it you will unlock this pin.
- Photo Challenge: If you publish a post with a photo every day for 7 days you will unlock this pin.
- Custom Domain: Should you choose to subscribe to a Hosted plan and configure your site with a custom domain this pin will appear.
- Night Owl: As soon as you publish a post after midnight you will unlock this pin.
Over time you can also collect special pins. These are limited to specific events, announced by Manton ahead of time. For example, in 2018 the two biggest Apple public events had the following pins:
Pins are a fun way to both get involved with the community and motivate yourself for posting in a variety of ways, with the potential to become even better over time; who knows, perhaps we’ll have real pins, whether for general availability or meetups and the like!
Over time Manton will add more pins and continue to release limited editions for events. If you have any ideas for new pins or issues you can contact the team via the official channels, as they are happy to take suggestions and help.
There we have it; that’s pins. Now you know what to do and how to do it.