Today I Learned is the unofficial Micro.blog companion and guide.
Created by Simon Woods in 2018, this site is home to a growing and increasingly diverse collection of resources to help with using Micro.blog. A mixture of direct guidance, helpful information, and news is provided on a daily basis and made available via posts and pages.
You can follow different post feeds for different purposes, depending on your interest. Also, you can grab the master feed for everything:
- All posts from the site are available in one feed, via two formats.
Follow for help
- Tips are small pieces of advice for specific situations.
- Guides are sets of instructions for using different parts of Micro.blog; including a mix of text, images, and links within a full post.
- Introducing are short introductions to members of the community.
- Lookup are quick definitions of the language used in the community and the social web at large.
With these special categories you can find posts with help for specific subjects:
- Features and updates built into Micro.blog to make it as accessible to as many people as possible.
- Making use of the various feeds upon which Micro.blog is built.
- Getting Started
- The basics and beginnings of using Micro.blog.
- Photo-based posting and image management.
- The social side of Micro.blog, such as @-mentions and following people.
- Customising your site with custom themes, CSS, the footer, and the navigation menu.
Follow for updates
- Linked are link-blog posts for links and news regarding third-party activity.
- Updates are short posts to log the current updates to Micro.blog.
- Edits are status posts for whenever relevant changes are made, whether for edits or additions.
- Follow Up are asides for timely additions to previous posts.
You can also follow TIL elsewhere…
By subscribing to Post Haste you’ll get the following:
- ICYMI: A weekly digest covering the most recent week of posts and updates from Today I Learned.
- The Macro Report: An overview of the past month’s worth of activity throughout Micro.blog.
- Immediate access to the latest issue.
The primary social feed for activity across Today I Learned. You can follow @TIL.
Updates, links, and information can be found at @til_micro_blog.
You can support TIL with a donation:
And you can help by joining the beta program…
Beta @ TIL is the beta version of Today I Learned, in which you get access to pre-release material with the goal of providing feedback so that I can make improvements before publication.
Here’s what you get:
- Early access to any number of items, whether posts, pages, design changes, or entirely new features.
- The chance to directly improve pre-release material.
- The opportunity to help improve the beta program itself.
- The warm glow of knowing you are helping support both an indie developer and an indie platform.
- My gratitude, for as long as I can give it.