Welcome to Micro.blog! Now that you’re here, it’s time to see hints, tips, and general information for using the various aspects of the platform.
You’ll find the following types of posts across Today I Learned:
- Tips are small pieces of advice for specific situations.
- Guides are longer, structured instructions.
- Introducing are short introductions to members of the community.
- Lookup are quick definitions of the language used in the community and the social web at large.
- Updates are short posts to log the current updates.
- Tracked are a log of recent updates to bugs and issues.
- Noted are brief, regular updates for third-party developments.
- The Macro Report are longer posts in which an overview is provided of the most recent period of activity, including that of third-party development.
- Follow Up are asides for timely additions to previous posts.
With these special categories you can find posts with help for specific subjects:
- Photo-based posting and image management.
- The social side of Micro.blog, such as @-mentions and following people.
- Customising your site with custom themes, CSS, the footer, and the navigation menu.
- A hub of helpful links.
- Timeline of the updates made to Micro.blog.
- The Phrasebook
- A record of language used across the Micro.blog community.
- The Wishlist
- A log of feature requests made by the Micro.blog community.
- The latest status of the various third-party development efforts.
- The site archive.
- The site archive.
NOTE: Updates to Micro.blog were previously tracked on the Updates blog; it also has its own Archive page.
- Why I Made Today I Learned is the origins of, and a look at why I made TIL.
- Micro Monday: 28 is the episode of the official community podcast upon which I also talk about TIL and why it exists.
Whether it’s about this site or any other part of the project:
Email – email@example.com
- The inbox is checked at least once a day: LINK
Micro.blog – @til
- Mentions are checked regularly; you can @ me: LINK
Twitter - @til_mb
- The account is checked at least once a day; DMs are open: LINK
You can support Micro.blog with a subscription plan, the variety of which can be seen in the Pricing help document. If you would like to support TIL directly you can do so via Patreon.
DISCLAIMER: Today I Learned is not an official part of Micro.blog.
Made by Simon Woods.