- (pho-toh-blawg, -blog)
- A blog on which the primary content of a post is a photo, or multiple photos.
- Shortened form of photographic weblog.
- Sometimes considered a type of posting; for example, “the photoblog on Instagram”.
- (mahy-kroh-blawg, ‐blog)
- A blog containing short posts.
- “Short” is often defined as being fewer than 500 characters in length.
- The popular limit length for the definition of “short” has become 280 characters.
- Portmanteau of micro and blog.
- A source of online content, usually posts, to which you can subscribe.
- The form of technology upon which large scale publishing was made possible.
- Often shorthand for the relevant platform, i.e. RSS for a blog, timeline for Twitter.
- All websites; the interconnected network that makes up the internet. Commonly referred to as the web.
- Shortened form of World Wide Web.
- Sometimes an alternative for Internet.
- (blawg, blog)
- A website on which a post or series of posts are published by an author, or group of authors, likely to be less formally structured than a professional publication.
- A single entry or post on such a website.
- Shortened form of weblog.