There are different ways to stay updated with the activity across Today I Learned, whether that’s new posts, regular posts, pages, and more.
Updated: 25th May, 2021
One of the most important parts of the web are feeds, of which Today I Learned has a number available. You can see more information about feeds;
- in this post by Laura Kalbag
- in this post by Robin Rendle;
- on the IndieWeb wiki;
- on this Help page about feeds and Micro.blog.
- All posts from the site are available in one feed, via two formats.
- Tips are small pieces of advice for specific situations.
- Guides are sets of instructions for using different parts of Micro.blog; including a mix of text, images, and links within a full post.
- Introducing are short introductions to members of the community.
- Lookup are quick definitions of the language used in the community and the social web at large.
- Updates are short posts to log the current updates.
- Follow Up are asides for timely additions to previous posts.
- Edits are status posts for whenever relevant changes are made to existing posts and pages.
With these special categories you can find posts with help for specific subjects:
- Features and updates built into Micro.blog to make it as accessible to as many people as possible.
- Making use of the various feeds upon which Micro.blog is built.
- Getting Started
- The basics and beginnings of using Micro.blog.
- Photo-based posting and image management.
- The social side of Micro.blog, such as @-mentions and following people.
- Customising your site with custom themes, CSS, the footer, and the navigation menu.
NOTE: You can also sort through these posts on the site itself via the Archive, at the top of which you will find a list of links to each active category.
The primary social feed for activity across Today I Learned. You can follow @TIL.
Updates, links, and information can be found at @til_micro_blog.
By subscribing to the Buttondown-hosted newsletter you’ll get the following:
- ICYMI: A weekly digest covering the most recent week of posts and updates in Today I Learned.
- The Macro Report: An overview of the past month’s worth of activity throughout Micro.blog.
- Immediate access to the latest issue.